- Column: Raw water: Threat or menace?
Thirty-plus years ago, aunt Addie Lee dropped in on the farmhouse that my parents used for storage and family cookouts.
- Editorial: Federal shutdown is politics at its worst
The headline said it all: “Government shutdown begins and so does the finger-pointing.”
- Editorial: Pushing education hot-button during election season?
It is becoming clear that election season has begun in Arizona. One needs to look only at the actions of ...
- Editorial cartoon (b): Jan. 17, 2018
Editorial cartoon (b): Jan. 17, 2018
- Editorial cartoon (a): Jan. 17, 2018
Editorial cartoon (a): Jan. 17, 2018
- Column: Trump should say ‘no’ to Whirlpool plan to kill U.S. jobs
With healthcare reform in abeyance, tax reform done, and the White House starting to pivot toward immigration, is there still ...
- Letter: More for Congress to do
Congress passed its tax bill to put more money into our pockets.
- Editorial cartoon (b): Jan. 10, 2018
Editorial cartoon (b): Jan. 10, 2018
- Editorial cartoon (a): Jan. 10, 2018
Editorial cartoon (a): Jan. 10, 2018
- Column: Why my father shuns social media
You see, my father was born in 1933. He was a paperboy in the days when paperboys stood on city ...
- One Man’s Rant: A glint in the sun
The following is a page from my new novel of the above title:
- Letter: Happy New Year
Hoping all of you had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.
- Editorial: No excuses, get a carbon monoxide detector
We like to tell ourselves that something good must come from tragedy.
- Editorial cartoon (a): Jan. 3, 2017
Editorial cartoon (1): Jan. 3, 2017
- Editorial cartoon (b): Jan. 3, 2017
Editorial cartoon (2): Jan. 3, 2017
- Editorial: Legislators need to learn the lessons of history
Sen. Steve Yarbrough is retiring as the executive director and general counsel of the Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization.
- One Man’s Rant: I never wanted to pass gas
Of all the careers I might have chosen, I never felt the desire to become an anesthesiologist.
- Column: Why Trump isn’t getting credit for the economy
When the national economy is on a roll, history tells us, the American people are happy, content, upbeat and readily ...
- Editorial cartoon (a): Dec. 27, 2017
Editorial cartoon (a): Dec. 27, 2017
- Editorial cartoon (b): Dec. 27, 2017
Editorial cartoon (b): Dec. 27, 2017
- One Man’s Rant: Dear God, give me strength
An early winter’s prayer: Dear God, I know you have a lot on your plate, but when you have the ...
- Column: Did the Pentagon act alone in employing UFO hunters?
When I was in sixth grade, my impassioned 4-H speech about the possibility of extraterrestrial visitors didn’t even merit an ...
- Editorial: Remember the people behind the news
On Tuesday, a man did what so many of us have done. He went to the elementary school near his ...
- Column: The basics of journalism
We received a lot of feedback to some recent columns I’ve written, though many readers mistakenly called them editorials.
- Editorial cartoon (b): Dec. 20, 2017
Editorial cartoon (b): Dec. 20, 2017