- Police officers on assignment at PV charter school campus
Even though teachers and staff at Prescott Valley School, a charter K-8 school, pride themselves on having a safe campus ...
- HUSD Student of the Week: Jack
Congratulations to our HUSD Student of the Week, Jack.
- Corridor Calendar: Week of March 14
St. Patrick’s Day at Meals on Wheels will be held Friday, March 16, with a “wearin’ of the green.” Serving ...
- Ask the contractor: Critters like to nibble landscaping
We are new to Prescott and “something” is eating our shrubs. We have never been faced with a plant-eating culprit ...
- EPA getting close to cleanup options on Superfund site
The more urgent remediation from the effects of historical mining in Humboldt was the cleanup of residential yards that contained ...
- HUSD Teacher of the Month: Mr. Joshua Schreiner
Granville Elementary is honored and proud to recognize Mr. Joshua Schreiner as the February HUSD Certified Employee of the Month.
- Cordes Lakes Community yard sale huge success
The Community Yard Sale on Saturday, March 3, was certainly a popular item on everyone’s agenda.
- HUSD Student of the Week: Jaxon Moore
Jaxon Moore is a sixth grade student who was chosen unanimously by his peers and teachers as Student of the ...
- Ask the Contractor: New technology for septic tank drain fields, old timey remedy for hard water stains
We “heard through the grape vine” there is a new, environmentally friendly replacement to the traditional stone and pipe drain ...
- Cowboy Poetry Festival a hit with families
The Dewey-Humboldt Cowboy Festival, hosted by the D-H Historical Society, brought about 50 people to the family-friendly event on Feb. ...
- Ask the contractor: If it’s not in writing in a contract, it does not exist
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, let me repeat — and even refer to my earlier, annoying ...
- Ask the contractor: Have we time-warped into spring?
This extreme, “no-winter weather” condition is affecting our lakes and aquifers and our ski time.
- Student of the Week: Aliisa
Aliisa is one of our amazing Liberty Eagles who is always respectful and leads by example.
- Proposed traffic changes at highway intersection leave council concerned
The developers who want to build a Giant gas station at the southeast corner of highways 69 and 169 in ...
- Do you know where your money is?
In the market for a safe? Second Glance Collectibles and Antiques in Mayer has a unique one for sale.
- Viewpoint channel work enters final phase
The final phase of the Viewpoint Stormwater Channel Improvement project is underway with an expected completion by mid-April.
- HUSD Student of the Week: Jessica
Jessica Warman is a second-grade student in Mrs. Spencer’s class at Humboldt Elementary and the Humboldt Unified School District’s Student ...
- People & Places: A dying art? Old-fashioned baker produces old-school pastries, bread
When the 1902 historical brick building on Central Avenue in Mayer sold to new owners this past July, Flour Stone ...
- Ask the Contractor: Don’t bring bedbugs home with used furniture
We did what they say is a “big no no.”
- Corridor Calendar: Week of Feb. 9
Special Events Produce will be Feb. 21 at the Community Center. Doors open at 7 a.m. and close at 9.
- Privacy issues tackled on town drone use policy
The Town of Prescott Valley has its own unmanned aircraft system — a drone — and staff soon will be ...
- HUSD Student of the Week: Ashton Smith
The HUSD Student of the Week is Ashton Smith from Mrs. Erickson’s class at Granville Elementary.
- Granted ‘wish’ opens world of play for 6-year-old Prescott Valley boy
Sean Pfister is a happy 6-year-old boy from Mountain View Elementary who likes Star Wars and playing with his siblings, ...
- Ask the Contractor: Prune for safety and plant health, appearance
When your outdoor greenery looks sad or unkempt, you may consider employing your own handiwork, a landscaper or “an urban ...